Friday 13 May 2011

OCup no. 2 Woodnewton

This week has been something of a comedy of errors. Having banjaxed my knee at a training clinic on Sunday at Albion Hills, I wasn't sure if I could actually race on Sunday at Woodnewton. The swelling has gone down and thanks to copious amounts of ice and arnica, the bruising is almost gone. I've been militant about the whole RICE treatment and it's done wonders. I think I'll be race fit in 2 days time. Well not much choice really!

Just when you start to get a bit of confidence, something comes along to knock you down off your little pedestal. It's tough. It is so easy to lose your nerve and for me, mountain-biking is all about nerve. You have to have moxie.

Although I haven't had a chance to work out or train much, I did get a chance to pre-ride yesterday. The course seems twisty and not as fast as Mansfield but I'm game.

The weather looks atrocious and we could all be swimming in a mud bath by 11 am on Sunday but I'm still excited. Perhaps I'm more excited about the excellent bakery in Goodwood as I will be rewarding myself with butter pecan tarts galore when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment